Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Cooking with the Senses: Fundamentals of Asian Food With Thy Tran of Wandering Spoon ONE SATURDAY LEFT IN THIS SERIES!
Saturday, June 9, 2012 at 9:45 AM (PDT)
Cooking with the Senses: Fundamentals of Asian Food
With Thy Tran of Wandering Spoon
Saturdays, May 5 - June 16, 2012
Learn to use all your senses in the kitchen with culinary writer & chef-instructor, Thy Tran, in this unique series of intensive, hands-on culinary workshops. From seasoning a wok to rolling roti to kneading and cutting your own soba noodles -- it’s time to unplug and unwind while mastering traditional techniques.
Saturday, May 5 -- Handmade Noodles
• Korean Hand-Torn Noodle Soup with Clams in Broth
• Chilled Soba with Dipping Sauce
• Steamed Rice Noodles with Assorted Fillings
• Masala Sev (Crispy Spiced Chickpea Noodles)
Saturday, May 19 -- Flatbreads & Crepes
• Scallion Pancake
• Roti Prata with Chicken Curry
• Dosa with Sambar and Onion Chutney
Saturday, June 2 -- Basics of Wok Cookery
• Dry-Fried Beef with Long Beans
• Pea Shoots with Gingko Nuts
• Pad Thai with Tofu & Chives
Saturday, June 9 -- Fearless Frying
• Lumpia Shanghai & Lumpia Semarang
• Vegetable Tempura
Saturday, June 16 -- Steaming Sweets
• Burnt Sugar Sponge Cake
• Mangoes with Sticky Rice
• Layered Rice Cake with Pandan & Coconut
$45 per class, $200 series (includes class fee, ingredients & recipe packet)
**Menu above may be subject to changes.
For more information, please contact Thy Tran at thy(at)wanderingspoon.com or call OACC at (510) 637-0455.